Sunday, August 12, 2007

Joy's Pulled Pork Sandwiches

We are so behind in posting recipes! I just got this (with permission) from a friend's blog, and I believe she got this recipe from another friend (I haven't made it yet, but it looks so yummy!):

Ingredients:


pork roast
beer
garlic
bbq sauce
cole slaw mix
cilantro
good rolls like ciabatta


Place the pork roast in the crock pot with maybe 2 bottles of beer and some minced garlic. Cook it all day--I usually put the pork in about noon and it's definitely ready by 5ish.

Drain off the liquid and shred the pork; mix with bbq sauce--we like Mo's Sweet Carolina sauce. Cut the rolls in half, spread with a little butter and grill them in a pan (this extra step makes the sandwiches really yummy).

To the cole slaw add chopped cilantro, some olive oil, rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper and cumin to taste. can serve this on the side or right on top of the pork.

2 comments:

I'm Tara. said...

Okay, YUM!!! I've done this with a beef roast, but I cook it in the bbq sauce all day, minus beer and garlic. I happen to love BOTH of those, so I will definitely be trying this recipe soon! Thanks!

I'm Tara. said...

Okay, YUM!!! I've done this with a beef roast, but I cook it in the bbq sauce all day, minus beer and garlic. I happen to love BOTH of those, so I will definitely be trying this recipe soon! Thanks!