I love this recipe because it's total comfort food, very kid friendly, but it can be made healthy at the same time. And it's so versitile. Don't like fish? Use chicken instead. You don't have cream of celery soup, but you do have cream of mushroom? No Problem. Need more greens in your diet? Use spinach and broccoli instead of celery and carrots. You really can't ruin this recipe (I forgot the mayo once and it was fine), so be creative.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
4 or 5 celery stalks chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 carrot or 10 baby carrots finely chopped
2 6oz cans of tuna drained
3 or 4 heaping spoonfuls of mayonnaise
4 oz of your favorite pasta (I like whole wheat egg noodles)
1 can (10 ¾ oz) of cream of celery soup (try the Healthy Request)
4oz of cheddar cheese (or more) grated
¾ of a soup can of milk
potato chips, corn chips, croutons or sliced almonds
1. boil pasta according to the directions, then drain
2. mix celery, onion, carrot, pasta and tuna in a baking pan. Add enough mayo to evenly coat the mixture (more or less depending on your taste).
3. In a small sauce pan add cream of celery soup. Fill the empty can about three quarters of the way full with milk. Add milk to the soup. Stir over medium heat until heated through.
4. Add grated cheese to the soup, stirring until cheese is melted and evenly mixed in.
5. Add cheesy soup to the baking pan. Mix well.
6. sprinkle crushed potato chips, corn chips, croutons or sliced almonds over casserole as a topping
7. Bake for 20min at 425˚
Serves about 6